Dragon's Den Competition 2017
Quality Improvement within Critical Care
“Improving quality is about making health care safe, effective, patient-centred, timely, efficient and equitable. In the history of the NHS, there has never been a greater focus on improving the quality of health services” (http://www.health.org.uk/publication/quality-improvement-made-simple)
Are you and or your team involved with or have an idea for a QI project within your Critical Care Unit?
Win £500 and 1 BACCN Unit Membership (which includes 10 BACCN membership places = £400)
How to enter:
Submit a 500 word proposal with regards to your QI project. The following points provide guidance to support your application:
- The proposal should be written in English
- The proposal should demonstrate how your Quality Improvement Project will:
- Impact on clinical practice or improve the patient journey or experience
- Utilise the money
- Material presented in the proposal should be precise and coherent, with the focus of the QI project clearly stated.
- The title should clearly indicate the content of the proposal
- The aim of the QI project must be stated clearly.
- Clear outcomes, process and balancing measures must be stated.
- The improvement methodology/ framework used must be clearly stated.
- You should explain how the proposed change would make an improvement.
- You should identify a clear timeframe for the project.
- The word limit must be adhered to and authors are required to state that their project is within this limit. The word limit is 500 words (excluding title and references). The proposal should be double spaced. Proposals must not contain information that could identify the authors as these are reviewed blind.
- A minimum of one, and up to three, reference(s) must be cited using the Harvard referencing system.
To view the application form, please CLICK HERE
*Closing Date: 31st May 2017*
View our rules and regulations here
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »